Course Outline: What You Will Cover
The International Trade (Import – Export) course gives you skills that you can put to immediate use. Whether you are expanding your business into the international market, starting a business or simply looking at working for an international trade company this course will quickly teach you the ‘ins’ and ‘outs’ of the import – export trade.
|2||Starting in Importing and Export|
|3||Sourcing Products and Sellers|
|4||The Agency Agreement|
|5||How to Find Buyers|
|6||The Difference Between an Agent & a Merchant|
|8||Laws & Regulations|
|9||Laws & Regulations|
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career in import – export
- Learn the inside secrets to:
- How to set up your business (sole trader, partnership or company)
- How to source productsand suppliers
- How to find buyers and sellers
- How to get free government assistance (start ups and established business)
- Important banking and foreign exchange procedures
- How to find the right freight forwarder
- Customs procedures for Importing and Exporting. What you need to know and what to avoid
- How to calculate how much money you get paid, and how to make sure you get it
- How to take the risk out of all your deals
- The strategies and sample letters that will get you started today
- How to obtain and source vital contacts
- Study an import export course that was designed in conjunction with the international trade industry
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $39 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today! (View video below)
Press Play to Watch our Course Video
ICI import – export graduates have a wide range of skills to offer in the ever growing import – export sector.
Graduates can seek work in a variety of positions with:
- Shipping, transport and logistics organisations
- Public and private import – export organisations
- Manufacturers / export industry
- Wholesalers, traders and merchants
- or start your own import – export business and enjoy the freedom of being your own boss! As the owner of your own small business, you can work the hours you choose and guide your business toward success.
The opportunities are endless and the future is bright for skilled import – export professionals!
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at. The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate), intermediate (Diploma) and advanced (Advanced Diploma) levels. You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the three levels below:
Represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge. Suitable for basic entry level positions.
Recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
The graduate is able to apply a significant range of principles and techniques across various contexts and functions. Graduates can expect to be involved in significant judgments, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
|Certificate Level||14 weeks|
|Diploma Level||24 weeks|
|Advanced Diploma Level||31 weeks|
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and businesses have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Ministry of Defence
- Sports Centre, University of Kent
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- The Placement People
- Skill Hire
- Metcash Trading Ltd
- Navman Technologies
- The European Fund
- Employment Directions Network
- The Salvation Army
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Legal Aid Commission
- Melton Council
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Prisoners Education Trust (HM Prison Service)
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Employment Directions
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a import – export professional
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipIEMgt
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program ( Click to learn more ).
Cut Off Date
is the next enrolment cut off date. Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
Your enrolment is processed and acknowledged within 24 hours of the Institute receiving your application. You can expect to receive your course within days of enrolling. When you start your ICI course it’s at your own pace and you determine when you finish. Don’t miss out. Enrol today!
Course Investment & Payment Plans
How do I get started?
Click on one of the Enrol Now buttons below and you could be working on your first lesson – and towards a new career – in a matter of days!
|OPTION A||OPTION B|
|Course Level||Course Fee||Pay Upfront
|Weekly Instalment Plan
|CERTIFICATE||$755||10% Off = $697 ENROL NOW||$39 x 20 weeks ENROL NOW|
|DIPLOMA||$1199||10% Off = $1079 ENROL NOW||$39 x 31 weeks ENROL NOW|
|ADVANCED DIPLOMA||$1599||10% Off = $1439 ENROL NOW||$39 x 41 weeks ENROL NOW|
ACT NOW and start pursuing your dream of becoming a qualified import – export professional.
Simply click on one of the Enrol Now buttons that corresponds with the course level and payment plan you wish to select (see above table).